Spain Startup Visa
Spain offers a specific immigration route for entrepreneurs called "Ley de Emprendedores" or Entrepreneurs’ Law. It makes it straightforward for migrant entrepreneurs to get the permission to live and work in Spain.
How To Apply
All documents need to be translated in Spanish by a licensed translator.
- Get in touch with your local Spanish consulate
- Submit your business plan to the Spanish Economic and Commercial Office (Secretaría de Estado de Comercio)
- Wait 10 days (maximum) for the decision on your business plan. If approved, you will obtain a report on Entrepreneurial Activity of Interest – an essential document for you to apply for the visa.
- Go to the consulate with the documents listed below as well as a visa form dully completed and pay the fee (make sure to double check with the consulate on the documents required – it can vary from a consulate to another):
- Copy of all your passport pages or ID
- Documents demonstrating a clean criminal record in your home country
- Proof of health insurance
- Proof that you have sufficient funds to sustain yourself in Spain
- Your report on Entrepreneurial Activity of Interest
Visa decisions are promised within 10 working days, and residence permit decisions in 20 days.
This visa gives you two years legally in the country and is renewable.
You can come with your children, spouse or civil partner on this visa or residence permit. You can file applications for each dependent at the same time you are applying for the entrepreneur visa or residence permit. Dependents are allowed to work.
Copyright StartupVisa.eu 2017