French Tech Visa
Start-up founders, investors and employees are able to apply for a fast track Tech Visa which enables qualifying talent to obtain a ‘Passeport Talent’ residence permit in France. This residence permit allows the individual and their immediate family to reside in France for up to four years without the need for an additional work permit document.
How To Apply
The only way to participate in the program is through getting accepted into one of 41 French partner incubators, which will provide mentorship to help with fundraising, expert advice and pitch practice.
Currently, people within the EEA and Switzerland don't need a visa to work in France in this way.
Who is Eligible for French Tech Visa
- financial resources at least equal to the French annual minimum wage, €17,763.20 as of January 1st, 2017
- an economically innovative startup project that you plan to develop in France
- approval by a French public organization called the Direccte
For an applicant to qualify as a business investor, the applicant must be recruited by a venture capital firm in France, or:
- Invest at least €300,000 in either fixed or tangible assets;
- Be investing either directly or through a company where they have at least a 30% shareholding;
- Own at least 10% of the company which they are investing in; and
- Create or protect jobs within the four years after their investment.
The employee must:
- Have graduated with a master’s degree or higher;
- Have a work contract for a minimum of three months with a French company which is eligible to recruit via the Tech Visa; and
- Have a annual salary of at least €35,526.40
Bringing Your Family
- Your spouse will be automatically granted the "Talent Passport – Family" residence permit, giving him/her the same authorization to live and work in France as you.
- Dependent children under the age of 18 do NOT need a residence permit. However, an underage child travel document (‘document de circulation pour étranger mineur’ – DCEM) must be obtained at your local Prefecture after your arrival in France.
- Children who enter France under the age of 18, but who turn 18 during their stay must apply for a "Talent Passport – Family" residence permit in the year they turn 18.
Copyright StartupVisa.eu 2017